The culture of India is vast, it is ancient, profound and one of the most colorful countries in the world. It is a wonderful experience to travel with friends, with people you know. I am offering a beautiful experience of Mother India to my students.
The tour begins in Delhi. We arrive in Delhi, the capital of India on Nov. 10. A tour guide will greet you at the airport. One night staying in Delhi at a nearby hotel. Nov. 11, we spend early morning / afternoon in Delhi, visiting some tourist sites, especially the very beautiful Krsna Temple of Delhi.
Agra the home of the most famous wonder of the world....The Taj Mahal. Two days in Agra, touring the Taj Mahal, Sunrise and Sunset, the surrounding palaces and forts as well.
Varanasi, the city of Light. Every morning we take a boat ride on the Ganges, where flowers and little candles are floated amongst the chants to this sacred river. “This is a place where hundreds of enlightened beings lived at a time. In every street you had enlightened beings to meet.” Sadhguru. It is the oldest inhabited city in the world. This is the city you see in National Geographic, where life revolves around the sacred Ganges River.
Puri is situated on the Bay of Bengal. We are staying in Puri for 4 days. Many things to appreciate in Puri. This is the home of the famous JAGANNATH TEMPLE, where millions of pilgrims come to visit the Deities of Lord Krishna, Lord Balaram and Goddess Subhadra. Puri is a joy to visit. One feels refreshed being here by the sea. In the 1930’s Europeans began to visit Puri, as it became famous for healing energies of the air, the water, the ambience. Visits to Raghurajpur, artists villages, weaver’s village, spending a day at the famous KONARK SUN TEMPLE will fill our days in Puri.
After four days in Puri, we also visit the beautiful city of Bhubaneshwara, the capital of Orissa. Bhubaneshwara is the city of Siva Temples and the famous Yogini Temple as well. Our stay at the beautiful Mayfair Lagoon Hotel allows one to refresh during our travels.
Nearing the end of our tour, we visit Kolkata. Kolkata, the famous “City of Joy”, was once the elegant capital of India. Famous because of it’s seaports for trade. We will be staying for two days at the luxurious Oberoi Hotel, which has it’s own rich history connected to Kolkata.
The cost of the tour: $4,200 double occupancy $5,425. single occupancy (All hotels are luxury hotels. The hotel, in Varanasi is smaller but quite charming as it is on the banks of the River Ganges) My personal advice is to keep a single room for yourself, unless you have a partner or good friend to stay with. After all, it is two weeks in India, and you may find that a private room gives you the quiet and rest you need. The cost of the tour includes:
1. Pick up from Delhi Airport
2. All luxury hotels. The Temple on Ganges Hotel in Varanasi is smaller but quite charming as it is on the banks of the Ganga.
3. All breakfasts at the hotels. In Varanasi and Puri, dinners are included as well.
4. All domestic plane travel to the various cities.
5. Safe road travel to our various sites.
6. Our tour is always guided by the owner of Heritage Tours, Orissa, Mr. Samar Pradhan from Puri, Orissa. He has guided us and taken care of all particulars each time I have brought friends and yoga students to India. He makes sure we are well taken care of and leave with a true appreciation and understanding of India.
7. Iyengar Yoga classes and philosophy taught by Christine every day. The yoga classes are optional, as some days one may feel the need to simply rest more.
The tour does not include:
1. Other meals besides breakfast. (Except for Varanasi and Puri which include dinner) We will be out and about during most late mornings and returning to the hotel for a lunch or dinner. These meals can be added to your room.
2. Of course we want to give tips to those who serve us so beautifully during our journey. When the group is formed, we can meet and decide how to give these tips...either individually or together as a group. We will have a few meetings together before the November tour.
3. Recently, all the domestic Indian airlines have baggage costs, now similar to the U.S. Throughout our entire travel, this is the only thing I found to be quite annoying. India used to give priority to travelers, but now we must pay for over baggage. One can always Fed Ex packages back home. This is a definite option.
November in India is wedding season. The weather is beautiful and very easy to travel at this time. All hotels in India consider this time to be “high season.” I have already booked rooms to reserve for all of us. There will be no rooms available if we wait to reserve. This is why I suggest that you consider carefully if you would like a single or double room while touring for 2 weeks. The probability of changing during this time would be very slim.
Due to the issue of securing our hotel and plane reservations, the commitment must be given by May 20th. One third of the fee will be due at this time to hold the rooms and all plane reservations. Second third should be given by June 20th. And the full payment by Sept 10th.
OUR HOTELS OF CHOICE:
1. ITC MUGHAL in Agra for Taj Mahal.
2. TEMPLE ON GANGES in Varanasi
3. MAYFAIR PURI
4. MAYFAIR LAGOON in Bhubaneswara
5. THE OBEROI GRANDE, Kolkata
If canceling before September 10th, no cancellation fee. Money is returned.
If canceling one month before, 50% cancelation fee.
Two weeks before the tour, no refund.
I do have a wonderful travel agent if you need one. All questions for travel can be answered by her. Questions on insurance as well.
Any questions at all about this tour, please contact Christine Stein at 310-621-0447. Or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Traveling in a small group to India, with travelers who practice yoga: what could be better!?